Friday, March 19, 2010

An Inspirational Room the Etsy Way


I've had a bit of a writers block, when it comes to Fashion Friday, lately. I guess my creative juices have been focused on other Happy Day Vintage projects (to be discussed/featured in blogs in the upcoming weeks).
This week I decided to bring back one of my favorite original blog posts. The items featured in this post have, for the most part, been sold but check out the shops as they feature more amazing vintage treasures.


Today's inspiration room is from the Rooted in Style Studio.
THE INSPIRATION ROOM:Isn't it fantastic?! Okay, now let's recreate this room shopping only from our beloved Etsy...

Item One
From Inspiration Room
The Wicker Blue Chair

The Etsy Find:
A little blue paint or leave it as it - this chair follows the lines of the chair in the inspiration room. A seat cushion would warm this up and create a comfortable area to page through your favorite gossip magazines or enjoy a glass of wine...whatever suits your fancy.
Find this chair at the Etsy shop
Coco Beauvier

Item Two
From the Inspiration Room
Red Bamboo Side Table

The Etsy Find:The detail on this table is similar to the character/detail found on the table in the inspiration room. Paint the Etsy table a bright color, add a basket to the bottom and you've got yourself an original piece of vintage art to accent your favorite room.
To find this table check out the Etsy shop
Thank Hank



Item Three
From the Inspiration Room
The vase placed on the red side table

The Etsy Find:This hand blown amber bottle will add interest and dimension to your room.
To see this vase visit the Etsy shop
Crescent City Connection


Item Four
From Inspiration Room
The bird statue found on the red side table

The Etsy Find:
A great vintage piece that will add a little height and life to your table.
See this statue on the Etsy shop
MFVintage


Item Five
From Inspiration Room
The Coffee Table

The Etsy FindThis fantastic table can be found on one of my favorite Etsy shops (besides my own)
The Vintage Supply Co.


Item Six
From Inspiration Room
The bold Flower Pillow



The Etsy Find:
This pillow will add a punch of color and a little drama to your room.

The Bold Flower Garden Pillow can be found at the Etsy shop
Abercot

Item Seven
From The Inspiration Room
Embroidered Artwork

The Etsy Find:
Find this at the Etsy shop
Happy Day Vintage

There you have it! A fantastic room, inspired by the Rooted In Style Studio, done entirely by Etsy.
Thank you for reading my blog and have a Happy Day

3 comments:

  1. HI Dana,

    Thank you so much for featuring my studio. Many of the items are in fact for sale, and I am considering opening up an etsy shop as well, in that I have a lot of vintage product that you did not see. I must add, that the lil friend on the chair is from the lovely shop sweet nellie; here is Whynnie
    http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=12355104

    Her shop will be closed until the beginning of May, but I cannot tell you how much she adds to the studio (I bought one other as well that sits in another chair within the studio).

    The studio is a labor of love and we have worked very hard to make it warm and inviting; a way for me to give my client's comfort on the work that I do.

    warmest regards,

    jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Rooted in Style studio!! The the chair, the pillow, the lamp, the table, the frames on the wall... What a great idea, Dana. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fantastic. What a super fun idea! I love your choices as well. (I love vintage supply co. too)

    ReplyDelete

Happy Day Vintage on Face Book!

Happy Day Vintage on Facebook

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers