Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things to Get Organized

Oh yes, I want to be one of those people. One of those who has their life in complete order. Everything perfectly in it's place. Labeled. Put away. Neat. Even if it's hidden. Okay, I may be dreaming, but I'm working on it. I've been in a cleaning and organizing mood lately. Oh it feels so great to go through cabinets, drawers, and closets and get rid of stuff. The key for me, though, is KEEPING it that way. Hence this blog post. Now that I've cleaned it all out I need some ways to keep it all in it's place and keep it organized.

I'm especially drawn to the vintage industrial "wire" look. Here are a few of my favorites that can hopefully help fill my organizational dreams...


.
LOVE love LOVE these locker baskets by oldcrowfarm. They would be prefect in my mud room to organize my family's hats and mittens, school stuff, and work things. $32.00 a piece. I LOVE them!




I've never seen a pink basket like this one. Isn't it cute? This pink wire basket is by alittlevintageshop and costs only $7.00. I would love this for my daughter's room to hold her artwork from preschool, toys, or maybe even (if I was ever THIS organized) place her clothes that we pick out the night before for school. If only!




This metal bottle crate by cottagefarm is fantastic. $26.00. I would love this in my laundry room to hold detergent and ironing supplies. (Who am I kidding? I hardly ever iron. But my iron would still look great in this, don't you think?)



And finally, this wall letter organizer, $17.00, by JarganJamber. If your house is anything like mine there are always bills, letters, school papers, magazines, etc lying about. Keep them organized and in their place with this clever little number.

Just a few ideas for some great organizational helpers. And believe me, I need all the help I can get.

Thanks for reading about some of my favorite things. And don't forget about the Great Great Dane SALE going on right now! See below for more details!

6 comments:

  1. I am with you Dana--I LOVE old containers to put stuff in! I just can never get organized the way I want to be, but I hope you are doing much better than me. I might have to look into those old locker baskets...I love them. Good finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janova - I think you and Stacey's are long lost twins. My very good friend Stacey (who also lists on HDV - she is the Executive Buyer of HDV) wrote this blog post. I, unlike you two, are perfectly organized all of the time. Everything is in it's place and my house is never messy. Okay, I need to stop because that is sooooo far from the truth it's not even funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- Janova, thank you for reading the HDV blog. You are one of my favorite customers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...A long lost twin. Wouldn't that be interesting! Well, Stacey, I apparently LOVE your ideas. Dana, seriously, look at you go! You have an acronym for your business and an executive buyer. VERY impressive. =) Keep the ideas and vintage stuff coming you two (and whom ever else is involved!). I seriously might need to buy those baskets though. They remind me of swimming at the municipal pool as a kid. If you think they are something you two will find in your treasure hunts though, I would wait to buy them from HDV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janova-thanks so much for your comments! I absolutely ADORE those baskets too! I'm a little too cheap otherwise I would totally snatch them up! If we ever find anything like that we'll be sure to let you know...that is, if I don't keep them for myself! Thank you again! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for organization! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Happy Day Vintage on Face Book!

Happy Day Vintage on Facebook

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers