Saturday, April 30, 2011

Saturday - Behind the Scenes of HDV

Starting at the end of April a beautiful thing happens....while most call it trash day I call it treasure day! One day a year our town allows each house to put all their unwanted trash, no matter what it is, on the corner to be picked up by the city.  What ends up happening is people drive around with their trailers, rummaging through others trash and taking what they want.  The entire ritual is kinda weird and slightly uncomfortable.  
In between breakfast, cleaning the house, rotating loads of laundry, taking the dog out, kids bath time, working on jewelry boxes, etc... the kids and I took a quick drive through town to see what we could find in the trash piles along the streets. 
I admit, it was weird going through others trash but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

Here's a picture of one trash pile:
  
And here's what I walked away with:
And here's a little video of our adventure. It's short and sweet and I'm looking super fly in my pilates hair and outfit (and by super fly I mean not so fabulous)
 You will see these drawers again as I've already started refurbishing them.
Thank you for reading my blog
and
Have a Happy Day!

3 comments:

  1. That does sound kind of uncomfortable, but definitely fun! The video didn't work for me sadly, but I'm going to try again later. I look forward to seeing what you do with the drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have found some awesome things on the side of the road. No shame!

    Also, the video wouldn't allow me to view it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Was hoping you got out and got some goods!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Day Vintage on Face Book!

Happy Day Vintage on Facebook

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers