Friday, February 17, 2012

Nolan's Treasure Box

My son and daughter have watched and even helped me make a ton of jewelry boxes.  With every jewelry box refurbished my kids have asked to have one of their own.  I have promised that someday I would refurbish a box special for each of them. Finally, I made good on my promise.

Here's Nolan's Treasure box...

Yes, I said treasure box.  In Nolan's words, "Mom, we can call mine a treasure box because I'm not a girl. I don't like fancy make up and rings. I'm a boy so mine can have boy stuff."

Nolan picked out the paper and color scheme. As you can see from the pictures below he even did most of the work. The paper doesn't lay perfectly, nor is the box in perfect condition.  Truth be told I would be mortified if anyone associated this Treasure Box with me/my work.  However, my Son created it (with a little help from me). He is dang proud of his treasure box and I am dang proud of him.  Therefore I will claim this treasure box as a Nolan/Dana Douglas Original Design.

Nolan has filled his treasure box with a plethora of Squinkies and Garbage Guys. Occasionally a race car, Lego guy, or random what-cha-ma-jigger will make it's way into the treasure box.
Nolan is happy.  I'm happy because his dresser is less cluttered.  All is right with the world.

I will also be blogging about my daughter's jewelry box. It's pink, sparkly and filled with trinkets galore (every girl's dream). 

Thank you for reading my blog
and
Have a Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Day Vintage on Face Book!

Happy Day Vintage on Facebook

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers